Saturday, October 31, 2020

Body Work Round 3!

 Progress Continues

Both bedsides are replaced and the rear sill is next.




I also picked up a small batch of powder coated parts and got to visit with "Vulcan" the Cane Corso (Italian Mastiff). He looks and barks like a fierce beast, but he is a total sweetheart.


Next up for the 40? Refitting the springs on the chassis, the rear sill and sill cover, LOTS of unneeded hole patching in the floor pans, and patching the passenger side outer sill.




Saturday, October 10, 2020

Body Work Round 2

 Fight!

    Made some good progress on the tub today! Got the passenger bedside in but it still needs some more tacks, then I need to sand them down and even the panel out with a hammer and dolly. Ryan and Tai are amazing and did most of the hard work but I got to do lots of prep work, some hammer and dolly work, I patch some unneeded holes on the floor boards. So much more to do... one of those Aquila tubs might have been a better option, but $$$$...$



Once the panel is in place we have to... cut it up. I have to add the second filler neck opening for the auxiliary tank and we will likely be moving both wheel wells back at least two inches. I have a set of spare arches for that purpose. Other things that need to get done is the driver's bed side, rear sill and cover, finish patching unwanted holes, mount the tub to the rolling chassis to measure the wheel opening and get the cage welded up. Then I have to take the tub and the cage for media blasting and powder (on the cage). Then it is filler, primer, liner, seam sealer, and paint time!



Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Tanks x2!

 Such a Gas!

A buddy and I took the drive from Reno to Stockton to pay a visit to Valley Hybrids. My Aussie built Long Range Tanks finally arrived!



I also received word that my "corrected" springs should ship this week which means there is a chance that I will be able to get the rolling chassis down to my friend's shop to mate to the tub (hopefully finished with sheet metal replacement/repair this weekend) so we can fit these tanks and get the cage welded up.

Things are coming together!